..۩…(¯º•Điện tử 7-K53•º¯)…۩..
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.

..۩…(¯º•Điện tử 7-K53•º¯)…۩..

Nơi thành viên điện tử 7: Giúp đỡ, chia sẻ và chém gió.

Trang ChínhPortalGalleryTìm kiếmLatest imagesĐăng kýĐăng Nhập
Tìm kiếm

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» SNP’s statement of your working day: Callipygian.
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 am by snowlin42

» One and done: Alabama should not get another shot at LSU
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:57 am by Magdalene

» Protests, gunfire in Syria: 11 killed on first day of Muslim feast despite Arab League accord
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 am by yidiandiana

» BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:44 pm by Swinderman

» Boeing leases old shuttle hangar for commercial spacecraft
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:04 am by kuaiguonianlo

» NBA cancels November games when labor talks hit same wall
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:47 am by Swinderman

» Cardinals rally twice to force Game 7 in World Series
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:39 am by youshiyinianla

» Amazon Suffers Big Drop in Income
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 am by weishinia

» The Last Film Movie Cameras?
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 am by weishinia

» Rangers starters hope to improve in World Series
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm by qiheitiann

» Công ty TNHH An Ninh Mạng Bkav: Thông báo tuyển SV thực tập K53
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 pm by pdlinh_dt7bk

» Đang giao lưu trực tuyến: Xét tuyển NV2,3 ĐH Văn Hiến
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:45 am by alexphan

» Giao lưu trực tuyến: Xét tuyển nguyện vọng 2, 3 Trường ĐH Văn Hiến
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 10:26 pm by alexphan

» Hướng dẫn đăng kí xét tuyển NV2, NV3
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am by alexphan

» Bảng tra cứu điểm thi Đại học Cao đẳng
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:37 pm by alexphan

» ĐH Văn Hiến tăng cường hợp tác quốc tế
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am by alexphan

» ĐÁP ÁN CHÍNH THỨC ĐỢT 2 KỲ THI ĐH-CĐ 2011
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:43 pm by alexphan

» ÁO LỚP, ĐỒNG PHỤC LỚP [FYGroup] ÁO PHÔNG, ĐỒNG PHỤC TẬP THỂ
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 am by dongphuclop

» Bộ Giáo dục công bố đáp án khối A
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:47 pm by alexphan

» Chương trình Thi thử Đại học, Cao đẳng trên website của trường ĐH Văn Hiến
BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm by alexphan

Navigation
 Portal
 Diễn Đàn
 Thành viên
 Lý lịch
 Trợ giúp
 Tìm kiếm
Diễn Đàn
Affiliates
free forum

BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar

Go down 
Tác giảThông điệp
Swinderman
Thành viên
Thành viên
Swinderman

Tổng số bài gửi : 2
Thank : 3

BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar    BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:44 pm

Bank of America Corp. has dropped its plan to charge customers $5 a month for making purchases with their debit cards, responding to a customer backlash after the fee was announced in September.
The move is the highest-profile retreat on the issue, following decisions last week by Wells Fargo & Co. and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. to drop customer tests of the new fees. SunTrust Banks Inc. and Regions Financial Corp. also said Monday that they will stop charcheap nhl jerseysging customers for debit-card transactions.
Bank of America decided against the fees because of negative customer feedback on the plan and the moves by rivals, which left the Charlotte, N.C., lender as the only big bank planning to levy the fee on some customers next year.

The about-face represents a concession to customer sensitivities over fees. Banks have been adding charges in an attempt to make up for billions of dollars in revenue that is expected to vanish as a result of new restrictions on credit cards, debit cards and overdraft policies. A provision in last year's Dodd-Frank financial-overhaul law halved the amount that banks can charge merchants for accepting debit cards.

Banks, also hit hard by a soft economy, have turned to customers to make up those fees. They have been adding fees on services, charging, for instance, for many checking accounts that used to be free.

But none of those moves appears to have generated the intense response of the debit-card charge. "Consumers have clearly said this is a no-go," said Patricia Hewitt, who specializes in debit cards at Mercator Advisory Group Inc. in Maynard, Mass.

The fees have drawn criticism from President Obama and from Sen. Richard Durbin (D., Ill.), who wrote the provision that reduced merchant debit-card fees. Sen. Durbin sent a letter to Wells Fargo Chief Executive John Stumpf last month complaining about the nfl jerseys wholesalebank's new charges. Consumer advocates have also attacked the fees.

Some banks have been quietly rolling out the fees for months: SunTrust had been charging some customers $5 a month on debit-card purchases since June.

However, the outrage over the debit-card purchase charges exploded in late September, when Bank of America began telling employees it intended to start collecting monthly fees of $5 next year.

The fees began to lose momentum over the past two weeks, when executives of big banks like Citigroup Inc. and PNC Financial Services Group Inc. said they had no plans to impose the fees.

Last week, a person familiar with J.P. Morgan Chase told The Wall Street Journal that its Chase retail unit had decided to drop its test of debit-card fees. The bank had been testing $3 monthly fees for eight months in parts of Georgia and Wisconsin. Wells Fargo followed suit on Friday, announcing it was canceling its test of $3 monthly debit-card fees that had started in October.

SunTrust is dropping its $5 monthly debt-card charge on Wednesday and will refund the fee to customers who have incurred it. The Atlanta lender didn't disclose how much money it has collected from the fee.

"We've listened to our clients' feedback and will provide the convenience and security of check cards at no additional charge as part of all of our checking accounts," said Brad Dinsmore, a consumer-banking executive at SunTrust.

Regions said it is eliminating the fee as of Nov. 1 and Cheap NFL Jerseyswill also refund those fees that already have been charged. "We have heard from our customers and are responding to their feedback by eliminating the monthly fee," said John Owen, head of consumer services for the bank.

The Birmingham, Ala., lender didn't disclose how much money it has collected from the fee.

While neither bank boasts a nationwide footprint, SunTrust and Regions rank among the 20 largest banks in the country. SunTrust has more than $170 billion in assets and more than 1,600 branches across the Southeast. Regions has $130 billion in assets, with 1,800 branches in the South, the Midwest and Texas.http://elf-cass.forumotion.com/t6-topic
Về Đầu Trang Go down

BofA Retreats on Debit Fee, Citing Uproar
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
..۩…(¯º•Điện tử 7-K53•º¯)…۩.. :: ET7 FC-
Chuyển đến